Hammock Gear Company Info
Economy Burrow Custom
The Economy Burrow is a favorite of both hammock and ground campers around the world. Made with 20 denier nylon taffeta fabric that features a DWR (durable water resistant) coating to help shed moisture, and an internal calendared finish for down proof construction. Each quilt is generously filled with RDS Certified, 800 fill power, DWR treated duck down to provide insulation on the top and sides of your body, while eliminating flattened and otherwise ineffective insulation underneath. By forgoing the least insulating elements found in most sleeping bags such as a full length zipper, hood, and backside materials our top quilt design will keep you warm and save precious weight and space. Whether accompanied by a ground pad or underquilt, The Economy Burrow will keep you comfortably warm down to its temperature rating with any sleep system. When using The Economy Burrow in conjunction with any ground sleep system, upgrading to a wide width is highly recommended for adequate coverage along the sides of your body. Proudly made in the USA.
Read our blog post to learn more about the advantages of camping with backpacking quilts over a sleeping bag!
Orders placed on or after 10/27/20 ship in approximately 5 weeks. Lead time subject to change.
Once custom orders are in production, all order changes, including cancellations, are subject to a 10% restocking fee. No exceptions.
- Ultralight design suitable for both ground and hammock sleep systems.
- Wide width is highly recommended for adequate coverage when used in ground sleeping scenarios.
- Unique vertical and horizontal baffling system to minimize down migration
- Horizontal chamber at the head end functions both as a draft collar and a barrier to vertical seams adding next to skin comfort around the user’s face and neck
- Customizable temperature rating built for comfort, not survival like most brands
- Customizable color options for both inner and outer shells
- Customizable length and width options for the perfect fit
- Customizable footbox styles for a variety of ventilation and utility options
- Zipper Footbox: #3 YKK separating zipper and cinch cord bottom can be cinched tight to retain heat or laid flat like a blanket to ventilate excess body heat.
- Sewn Footbox: Completely sewn construction for better heat retention. Recommended for dedicated use below freezing temperatures.
- Optional Overfill – See article for details
- Optional Ground Pad Attachment Kit for connecting your ground pad to the top quilt
- The Economy Burrow has (3) D-Ring tabs on each side for connecting the Ground Pad Attachment Kit
- Ethically sourced, 800 fill power, DWR treated duck down
- Customized Top Quilt
- Stuff sack for hiking (See below for pack size)
- Cotton Storage Bag for storage
- Pack Sizes are based on provided Stuff Sack. Quilt can be compressed further if needed
- 40° F = 4.5 Liters
- 30° F = 5.5 Liters
- 20° F = 8.5 Liters
- 10° F = 8.5 Liters
- 0° F = 8.5 Liters