The X-Shot Monopod Extender just makes sense. There are so many people riding around with old ski poles or broom sticks and that just can’t be fun. The X Shot Monopod Extender is a pretty smart little stick that will allow you to do exactly what the Ski Pole holders do all ready but when you aren’t using it you can put it in your pocket.
It’s very easy to change the angles and gives you a lot more diversity than a ski pole. Our only complaint is it’s not that sturdy because it’s meant to hold a regular camera standing still instead of at high speeds. It’s done a pretty good job carrying our action cameras but we have broken every one I bought. X Shot is coming out with a sports specific model soon and I can’t wait to try it.
There are now 2 versions:
1. Pocket XShot Monopod- This is pretty small, about 6.5 inches long and very pocket friendly. When extended it’s about 30.25 inches.
2. XShot 2.0 Monopod- The XShot 2.0 is 2 inches longer at about 8.5 inches contracted and when extended its about 7.25 inches longer at 37.5 inches. This is good for getting more of you in the shot when filming yourself snowboarding. It’s also a little better at filming friends as well. Every inch counts when you have a fish eye lens like you do with Drift, GoPro and Contour action cameras.
So both these models need a little upgrade when you buy them to make them last longer.
1. Get a small screw driver and some super glue.
2. Pull off the rubber thing around the screw.
3. Unscrew the two screws
4. Pull off the top part
5. Put some glue on the bottom
6. Put the top part back on.
7. Pour a tiny bit of glue in the screw holes.
8. Screw them back on.
9. Pour glue on the top
10. Put the rubber thing back on.
This will make the X Shot last a lot longer than it would without it. Don’t buy this unless you plan to glue and screw.